Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- Don't eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure and drive the patient home afterward.
- The patient should not drive or operate machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing (either sleeveless or with sleeves) that can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Please notify the office of any illness you might be experiencing.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Brooks prior to your surgical date for instructions.